GrowMore Recruitment is a full service, multi-specialist recruitment agency! We work across virtually all industry sectors, with clients ranging from small start-ups to global blue-chip companies and large public sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The industry is changing rapidly, and our team is quickly growing and evolving to meet tomorrow’s challenges. Our global team of passionate IT professionals apply strong technical skills to deliver timely and impactful business solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with business stakeholders, project managers and users to define application requirements, identify viable solution alternatives, implement, test and support the selected solutions
- Become a Subject Matter Expert for the supported applications both technical and operational
- Administer & configure application platforms, find solutions to business and technical problems
- Gather business requirements, evaluate feasibility, provide estimates, design solutions and prepare detailed specifications
- Collaborate with providers and vendors, both internal and external, to deliver end to end solutions that meet our technical requirements
- Provide tier 3 support for all applications that fall within the team’s area of responsibility
- Meticulously document all work through tickets, internal knowledge base, internal repositories or other tools as appropriate to ensure traceability of the work and internal documentation
- Create documented processes, procedures and reproducible test cases for troubleshooting, regression testing, validation, etc.
- Participate in an on-call support rotation to provide technical support and work outside normal business hours as required.
- Implement best practices in application systems and network security
- Willing to learn new applications and technologies
- Drive continuous performance improvements: identify and implement process & procedures that improve the effectiveness of users
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience as an application support specialist or application administrator supporting multiuser application platforms such as CRM, ERP, or contact center platforms with 100+ simultaneous users or 3+ years’ experience as a Windows, Unix, or network administrator with 100+ simultaneous users.
- Good understanding of networking, routing and firewalls
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, with the ability to research and solve technically challenging problems in complex environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Able to multi-task and deal with high pressure and fast changing environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Experience administering multiuser, mission critical and high availability servers
- Understanding of site-to-site VPN, SD WAN, Load balancers, HTTP & TCP protocols
- Understanding of backend applications and database languages such as MS SQL, MySQL
- Experience supporting high volume, public facing web applications with an emphasis on high availability, redundancy and security
- Experience with any of the following: Java, Soap/Rest API, HTML/JS, Python, PHP, Bash, PowerShell or other scripting language
- Experience with call center or customer service solutions
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work environment (remote possible)
- 5-star health insurance
- Mobile balance allowance
- Gym/Fitness Centre membership
- Great office and fantastic, upbeat atmosphere
Senior Applications Support Engineer
|Required experience||2+ years|
|Type of work||Office/Hybrid|